New York Nine

Baseball the way it was meant to be, down and dirty with brutally honest analysis

Monday, January 26, 2009

What the hell do I know...



Well I guess this is why I'm writing this blog and Brian Cashman is the GM of the Yankees, because he's pretty damn good at his job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/01/26/pettitte.yankees.ap/index.html

I had advocated earlier that the yankees should just give into Andy's demands of 16million because they needed him badly. Well they did need him, but clearly Brian is a deft negoiator, he knew that Andy wanted to go back to new york and only new york and it was only a matter of time until Pettitte realized this is it take it or leave it. What's interesting is that he didn't take the 10 million guaranteed in favor of a contract with incentives up to 12 million, I guess Andy feels pretty confident he can reach the milestones necessary to get the dough. Obviously I love the move, the yankees needed andy's innings to ensure any sort of consistency in the rotation and they got it at a very reasonable price of 6 million guaranteed. Cashman played this very well and I applaud him for it, they needed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment